Risk Retention Re-Proposed: Game Changers
September 25, 2013
Some Big Questions:
- Where does the risk retention re-proposal fall in the overall regulatory landscape?
- What is a quality securitization? Have the regulators gone beyond their Dodd-Frank authority/mission into the realm of product paternalism?
- Who should hold the risk? Do the regulators have it right?
- How do we measure risk? Is it practical to measure fair value for some transactions?
- Do we have to change the way we do business? (Will technical issues persist in final rule?)
- What do we have to disclose to the market? To Uncle Sam? What problems and issues might result from such additional disclosure?
- What is the utility of the safe harbors in the re-proposal?
Click the link below for more information.