University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 1991
Southern Methodist University, B.B.A., Finance, 1988
Bill Hunter is the Department Head for the firm's Banking and Financial Services Department and the Practice Group Leader of the Public and Institutional Banking & Finance Group. He is also a member of the Asset Securitization Group and the Commercial Lending Group, and has been practicing law at Chapman and Cutler LLP since 1991.
Bill represents commercial banks (domestic and foreign) and other financial institutions in a wide variety of public finance transactions (including infrastructure, public-private partnership, and utility transactions), asset securitization financings, and commercial lending transactions. His practice focuses on credit enhancement and direct purchase transactions involving governmental issuers (including tollway authorities, utilities, and municipalities), health care and not-for-profit entities, asset securitization transactions representing banks and commercial paper conduits involving various asset classes, and both single bank and syndicated unsecured and secured commercial lending transactions relating to cash flow, asset-based, and working capital facilities.
- Represented lender in a tollway improvements public-private partnership financing
- Represented lender in various High Occupancy Toll Lane financings
- Represented lenders in various tollway/regional mobility authority finance transactions
- Represented commercial paper conduit/liquidity provider in a trade receivables asset securitization transaction with US and foreign assets
- Represented a syndicate of US banks providing liquidity for commercial paper issued by a large municipality
- Represented multiple banks in an equipment lease/loan securitization
- Represented multiple banks providing enhancement for bond issues of various student loan authorities
- Represented foreign bank providing a liquidity facility for a hospital
- Represented commercial bank in a tax-exempt bond transaction with a not-for-profit entity
- Represented agent bank in a syndicated working capital facility
- Represented commercial bank in a working capital facility with a foreign obligor