University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1990
- Editor-in-Chief, Virginia Journal of International Law
Yale University, B.A., History, 1987
John Hitt is a partner in the Asset Securitization Department of Chapman and Cutler LLP. Since joining the firm, John’s work has involved the structuring and negotiation of a variety of securitization transactions, including transactions backed by student loans, timeshare interests, trade receivables, credit card receivables, equipment notes and leases, automobile loans, commercial loans, high yield debt, residential and commercial mortgage loans and various other types of contract rights.
John’s work also includes the representation investors in alternative investments. His corporate finance experience also includes representation of issuers and investors in debt and equity offerings in private placements and public offerings. In addition, John’s experience includes general corporate representation and the representation of financial institutions in their sale or acquisition of portfolios of master servicing and trustee appointments.
- Representation of a major aircraft engine manufacturer and its special purpose subsidiary in an $2.3 billion receivables facility and the manufacturer in a separate $200 million receivables facility
- Representation of parties in transactions financing the purchase of receivables owed to vendors by a state government
- Representation of trustees and back-up servicers in connection with various public, private and Rule 144A securitization, and corporate debt transactions
- Representation of an aircraft lessor in connection with its warehouse funding transactions
- Representation of the note purchaser in connection with an offering of $675 million of student loan-backed notes
- Representation of the term note investors in the $1.5 billion receivables facility of Major League Baseball Trust
- Representation of state pension plans and the trustee for a private foundation in various hedge funds and private equity funds
- Representation of a co-investor of a joint venture established to sponsor CLO transactions backed by mezzanine and second-lien loans