Brooklyn Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2003
Binghamton University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2000
Evan Kelson is senior counsel in Chapman's Asset Securitization Department. He focuses his practice on financings of credit card receivables, telecom receivables, consumer loans, trade receivables, small business loans, energy receivables, whole-business securitizations, esoteric assets and equipment loans, and operating leases.
Evan's experience includes SPV asset-based lending, direct asset purchases, master trusts, and master note trusts. He also has experience with factoring transactions and receivable sale financings both domestically and internationally. In addition, Evan has developed new financial products for U.S. and offshore transactions in the public and private markets.
Evan is a seasoned attorney with a very deep practice that spans finance, corporate, and securities laws. Evan’s practice focuses on finance, structured finance, securities, and corporate transactions, including trade finance, asset-based lending, factoring, receivables sale financings, securitizations, bond offerings, capital market transactions, trade and supply chain finance, and structured capital transactions.
Evan's prior experience includes the representation of clients in the following matters:
- Representation of a major international mobile communication company and provider in connection with a US$1.3 billion wireless telephone equipment installment receivables securitization facility
- Representation of a finance company in connection with a US$500 million factoring receivables securitization program
- Representation of a network technology company in connection with a US$200 million securitization of its trade receivables
- Representation of a leasing finance company in connection with a US$285 million securitization of a lease portfolio and issuance of asset-backed securities in a Rule 144A offering
- Representation of a finance company in connection with its US$350 million equipment lease-backed ABCP conduit facility
- Representation of a major international mobile communication company and provider in connection with a US$750 million wireless telephone (airtime) receivables securitization facility
- Representation of an administrator and manager of a US$1 billion Reg S/144A offering of trade receivable-backed notes for a multi-bank asset participation program
- Representation of a finance company in connection with a US$550 million factoring receivables program
- Representation of a British multinational banking and financial services company as purchaser in connection with its US$650 million receivables sale facility